This stunning Yixing teapot is made in Jiangsu province, an area situated 120 miles northwest of Shanghai China. This small double wall teapot has an imperial Chinese courtyard design on the body. This teapot also has an internal filter at the base of the spout. Produced from CNCA-certified factories, meets FDA standards.
For centuries, the Yixing teapots are known to be the best vessel for brewing tea. With continued usage the clay, from which the Yixing teapots are made, will absorb the aroma and flavors of your tea. They have the ability to withstand high temperatures and are slow to conduct heat; therefore, the handle remains comfortably cool even when pouring very hot tea. Throughout the ages they are renowned for their unique artistry and practical usage by incorporating the concepts of aesthetic beauty and natural harmony.
Approximate Capacity: 3.4 fl oz (100 ml)
Preparing Your New Yixing Teaware
Steps for teapot preparations prior to first use:
- Remove lid and add tealeaves into the teapot and teacup. Use tealeaves that you intend to brew in the future with your Yixing Clay teapot and teacup.
- Pour boiling water into your Yixing Teapot and Teacup.
- Let your teapot and teacup soak in the tea for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the contents of the teapot and teacup.
- Rinse well with hot water. This removes the natural earthy aroma of the teaware and rinses away any clay residue from the inside of your pot.
- Let it air dry uncovered.
Cleaning Your Yixing Teaware
After each teapot and teacup usage, follow instructions below:
- Pour the tea sediments away.
- Rinse out the pot and cup with hot water.
- Wipe the outside dry with a soft cloth.
- Leave in a dark dry corner to dry naturally.
Caution: Never use soap, cleansers, or detergents on your Yixing teapot and teacup.