Yixing-wares or Zisha-wares are ideal vessels for brewing tea. With continued usage the purple clay, from which the Yixing teapots are made, will absorb the aroma and flavors of your tea.
- Approximate Capacity: 50ml
- Dimension: 2" ht x 2 1/2" dia
Preparing Your New Yixing Teaware
Steps for teapot preparations prior to first use:
- Remove lid and add tealeaves into the teapot and teacup. Use tealeaves that you intend to brew in the future with your Yixing Clay teapot and teacup.
- Pour boiling water into your Yixing Teapot and Teacup.
- Let your teapot and teacup soak in the tea for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the contents of the teapot and teacup.
- Rinse well with hot water. This removes the natural earthy aroma of the teaware and rinses away any clay residue from the inside of your pot.
- Let it air dry uncovered.
Cleaning Your Yixing Teaware
After each teapot and teacup usage, follow instructions below:
- Pour the tea sediments away.
- Rinse out the pot and cup with hot water.
- Wipe the outside dry with a soft cloth.
- Leave in a dark dry corner to dry naturally.
Caution: Never use soap, cleansers, or detergents on your Yixing teapot and teacup.